Meraki switch trunk with ubiquiti wireless bridge

Vincent61
Comes here often

Meraki switch trunk with ubiquiti wireless bridge

Hi folks.  I get innacurate  dashboard info regarding client and switch connectivity.  I have an 802.1q trunk between two meraki switches with a ubiquity wireless bridge connecting the two.

I was told in the past that ubiquiti does not pass vlan info accurately……but there is no product support from ubiquiti

is there a workaround for this?

5 Replies 5
Vincent61
Comes here often

Is there another bridge solution that works best with Meraki?

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've never had the need to implement it but I've heard people have had success using unifi AirMax devices to work as point-to-point layer 2 bridges that support multiple vlans.

There's also a number of other companies that offer higher cost enterprise grade devices which will perform point to point bridging.

Meraki WAPs don't do layer 2 bridging. The closest they have is wireless mesh but that will only extend out SSID's, not form a full layer 2 trunk.

Vincent61
Comes here often

thanks....i'll try the AirMax.....the current bridge is nanoBeam ac2

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What info do you get that is inaccurate?

Even if it doesn't pass VLAN tags, it should still be able to bridge the native VLAN.

Vincent61
Comes here often

on the client dashboard.....the client connectivity - name of switch and port that client is connected to

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels