Meraki switch support with layer 2 Metro e connection

Slider
Getting noticed

Meraki switch support with layer 2 Metro e connection

I have a question on the Meraki switches. I have a customer who currently have switches deployed at remote sites connected back to HQ via a Layer 2 Metro E connection.  

They are using two carriers for redundancy.  Can any of the Meraki switch models support this connection?  If so which models and is there any special considerations?

HM
4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If these are point to point circuits I would use LACP and channel the circuits together.  The provider may need to enable support for LACP packets (it should be a trivial thing for them to do).

If they are multi-point circuits then you could consider using OSPF, but you'll need MS250 or better switches, and the links between the sites will be a seperate layer 3 routed domain.

Thanks, i will confirm if its PTP or the other but in either case should we be considering MS250 switch at minimum and or higher with MS350 switch line correct?

HM
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If they are P2P links you can use any Meraki switch.

I'm not sure of the size of your network, weather you could do with some MGig ports, etc - all I can say is you would need a minimum of MS250's to be able to use multipath OSPF.  Any higher model switch will also do the job.

Thank you for the quick response, i will look into it now.

HM
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels