cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meraki Throughput inaccurate?

Here to help

Meraki Throughput inaccurate?

When I run the throughput test on any switch in my network, I always get a throughput of 2.3mb/s to maybe 7mb/s 

Speed test shows 400+ Mb/s but the throughput is always very low, is this an indication that something is incorrect on my network? 

6 REPLIES 6
Getting noticed

Re: Meraki Throughput inaccurate?

No, we have 1tb bandwidth and it shows 4mb throughput

Here to help

Thanks, Hard to tell sometimes if its normal or inaccurate 

New here

Meraki admits that the throughput tool is not very good.  If you have one from your carrier use that.

Kind of a big deal

The Cisco Meraki throughput test is from the Cisco Meraki device to the Meraki test server.  This will will go via your ISP, their transit links, and finally to Meraki.  You can consider it a measure of the quality of the bandwidth you are getting.  Their is also no guarantee that the Meraki test servers can sustain any particular level of throughput.

On the other hand, if you are connected via a reasonably large ISP, then more than likely the local "speedtest" node will actually be inside of the ISP network, so you are only measuring the performance of your link to your ISP and no further.

So we have a fully Meraki integrated network.  When I do a throughput test using the MX-64 and the MS-120 I am receiving two vastly different results.  Our ISP provides us with a 100/100 fiber network which as been very reliable.  The throughput results directly from the MX it at 97 mb/s where as the throughput results for the MS-120 is 7.4 mb/s.  I checked the uplink negotiation from the MX to MS and it is connected at 1gig (no reason it shouldn't be).  Why such the disparity of speed tests? 

New here

I have the exact same issue.  my MS22 is report 8.8Mbps.  But my MX reports 80Mbps

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels