Meraki MS320

IP_Telecom
Just browsing

Meraki MS320

Hello Community

Since Meraki MS320 is end of sale, End of Support March, 2024 ( or so ) will I be able to buy Lic after the end of support 
The 3, 5Years Lic ?
Thank in Advance 

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

They become no longer eligible for hardware replacements. You can still buy the licenses and run them indefinitely, but there will be no new firmware if they go kaput, and I think you have to foot the bill for a replacement.

@GreenMan  ?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I am not sure you can buy a licence for an end-of-support switch.  The part code gets removed from the global system, so I don't think there would be any way to place an order for it.

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

No guarantees about this for the future, but Cisco Meraki often continues to make the correct licences available for some time even after End of Life for a specific product.   I just checked MS22P, for example - which went End of Life nearly two years ago and for which licences are still listed in CCW.   Same for MX60 (EoL October 2022).

Remember too that, as and when you purchase new licences, you have a choice as to the duration you purchase.  Think about this carefully at renewal time, if you have obsolescence replacement programs - and don't leave unused licences for replaced devices active in your Dashboard if you 'license more devices' regularly;   plan to move them out to a 'dummy' Org, as and when the hardware is removed.

Bear in mind however that, beyond End of Life, the services enabled by your license are much reduced:   neither firmware features nor fixes (including for product security) will be developed, warranty replacements are no longer available and any assistance provided by Meraki Support would be very much limited to best effort.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels