Meraki MS130-12X - disable all mutual communication

Solved
Tulip
Conversationalist

Meraki MS130-12X - disable all mutual communication

Hi,

I have question regarding blocking ALL communication between all ports on MS130-12X.

Regarding Cisco Meraki MS130-12X switches, I want that all connected devices (10 devices) on the MS130-12X,

they only have communication to the Internet (via my hardware firewall), and all mutual communication is blocked.

My question is what is a best set-up in MS130-12X switches to disable all mutual communication on ALL ports ?

Also, can I use one 2.5 GbE port for Uplink to my hardware firewall ?

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think you're talking about port insulation, right?

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Port_and_VLAN_Configuration/Restricting_Traffic_with_Isolated_Sw...

What firewall do you have, you can certainly use the 2.5GbE port for the uplink.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think you're talking about port insulation, right?

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Port_and_VLAN_Configuration/Restricting_Traffic_with_Isolated_Sw...

What firewall do you have, you can certainly use the 2.5GbE port for the uplink.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Tulip
Conversationalist

This is all setup I need port insulation ? (not VLAN or ACL)

I have CheckPoint 3600 firewall, and this firewall support only RJ-45 ports.

Thanks 🙂 

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

"This is all setup I need port insulation ? (not VLAN or ACL)"

Yes, but note that you need to enable it on all client ports, clients that do not have port isolation enabled will continue communicating with each other.

Check the documentation for more information.

Tulip
Conversationalist

Thank you ! 🙂

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels