Meraki MS switch losing dashboard connectivity intermittently

dhirendaya
New here

Meraki MS switch losing dashboard connectivity intermittently

Hi

I have 2 sites each with 2 MX67s and 2 MS120-8LPs.

we are using the switches to split the WAN links and configuring the HA for the MXs using the virtual IP option.

dhirendaya_0-1726566073064.png

The issue that I am seeing is that the connectivity to the dashboard is flapping in 2hr intervals:

dhirendaya_1-1726566168060.png

dhirendaya_2-1726566204091.png

I have logged it with Meraki support who requested downloading the support data and do packet captures while the switch is online and offline which I did and submitted and after their investigations, the engineer said that the device could not resolve DNS.

I couldnt understand why because the management of the switch as well as the traffic from the MX devices use the same VLAN and the MX's traffic is not affected at all, just the management to the switches are. i can see the MX's traffic when doing packet captures on the PE routers, but not the switch's traffic.

I then called Support the following day and that engineer told me that that switch was faulty and that it needed to be RMAed.

The problem is that it is happening to 1 switch at each site. Exactly the same behavior.

The other switches at both sites are working fine.

Has anyone seen and/or resolved this before.

SW FW ver: 16.9

MX FW ver: tried 18.211.2/3 as well as 18.107.10

Regards Dhiren

1 Reply 1
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It looks like from the diagram that the MS120s are only connected to the Internet, and have no internal connection.  Is that correct?

That would mean the switch management IP address is in a public IP address out of the /29 block.  Is that correct?

I assume you are using some public DNS server like Google 8.8.8.8 then?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels