Meraki MS Switches Power supply replacement

SOLVED
idknow
Here to help

Meraki MS Switches Power supply replacement

Hi all,

I will reveive new MS Switches but with no power supplies for now, do anyone knows if i can use power supplies from other old meraki swithes, is there a kind of compatibility matrix or each switch model have its own power units.

Also is there any risks of alerts, or any other issues by doing so ?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can check on page 14 of this document.

https://meraki.cisco.com/product-collateral/ms-family-datasheet/?file

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

All Meraki switches ship with at least one power supply, AFAIK.   Occasionally more than one switch range utilises the same PSU.   What switches are you receiving?

Ok, thx for the info, switch model corresponds to MS250-48FP

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can check on page 14 of this document.

https://meraki.cisco.com/product-collateral/ms-family-datasheet/?file

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

According to this document 1025W power supply "MA-PWR-1025WAC" seems to be the only one that fits.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The lower powered ones would also fit, but might be rejected due to not supplying enough PoE power for the FP switch.  With Cisco Catalyst switches you can use multiple lower rates power supplies so that could be worth a try.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels