MX Advance License, MR Advance with MS Enterprise

Solved
FrenchIT
New here

MX Advance License, MR Advance with MS Enterprise

Hey,

We are in the process of purchasing some MX Appliances with Advance License with MR AP which also has the Advance License. We are also getting a MS Appliance but with Enterprise License. Can i have this mix on the Cloud Console?

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, you can have a mix of MX Appliances with Advanced License, MR AP with Advanced License, and MS Appliance with Enterprise License on the Cloud Console.

I suggest you consult your Meraki representative for further assistance.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_Licensing_FAQs

alemabrahao_0-1701279907491.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, you can have a mix of MX Appliances with Advanced License, MR AP with Advanced License, and MS Appliance with Enterprise License on the Cloud Console.

I suggest you consult your Meraki representative for further assistance.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_Licensing_FAQs

alemabrahao_0-1701279907491.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you want to use the classic co-term licensing or the per device licensing you buy the SKU's per model of MS switch or MX appliance.  Only access points and camera's each have a SKU that is independent of the model of device.

For the MX you need to choose a license tier for your entire dashboard org.  (exceptions are vMX and Z3/4 appliances).
For AP's you can mix and match.

So a network can have an MX with advanced security with switches that are enterprise and AP's that are enterprise.

In per device licensing you can mix and match between networks.  So you can have 1 network with MR advanced and another with MR enterprise.

There is however the all new subscription license feature which binds everything per network. However this is quite new and I need to have a good read at that documentation. 😉

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I like that way the Catalyst hardware is blending with the Meraki hardware:

cmr_0-1701287175355.png

Thanks @GIdenJoe that looks like an excellent new licensing model, though not sure what happens when you move devices between networks, as we do that quite often...

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Interestingly, it looks like the devices will still work (without management or monitoring) after the 30 day grace period when there is no active subscription:

After the 30-day grace period and the subscription is inactive all networks bound to that subscription will come to a disable management state.

Disable Management Expected Behavior

The following is a description of the expected behavior for the devices on networks that experience a disable management event.

• Devices in the network will preserve their last known license-compliant configuration prior to getting into a disabled state
  • Administrators will lose the ability to configure the devices via Dashboard (GUI or API)

• Configuration data will not be displayed via Dashboard (GUI or API)

• Monitoring and health information  will not be displayed via Dashboard (GUI or API)

• Devices will not have access to customer-initiated firmware updates from Dashboard (GUI or API)

• Customers will not receive support for devices

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels