I have 2 stacked MS425s . I have a stack of 6 MS225s connected to port 5 on each MS425. The MS425s are new. The MS225s have been deployed for 8 months. Initially Port 5 on the first MS425 showed a high rate of CRC errors. We replaced all fiber jumpers and SPFs. Still CRC errors. We moved the fiber. Errors cleared on the first MS425 . YAY!!! Now they appear on the second MS425 . Has anyone seen this? We are out of options. The error follows if I change ports.
So you tried with other patch cords and other SFPs. That didn't help. Using other fiber strands in your structural cabling did help. And if you use the first fiber again on the other switch errors show up there?
Then it seems to me there is an issue with the structural fiber? Or with the patch output of them, maybe dusty? Were they working before you put in the MS425. What cable lengths are we talking about here, and what grade of fiber are you using? What types of SFP's, are they Meraki branded ones?
They are Meraki SPFs. OM2 MM fiber. Fiber has officially been tested and passwed. length is 400 ft. Using Meraki LRM. They odd part is if you disconnect one of the aggregate ports it clears . Depending on the order you connected the ms225 back to the MS425 , the port that is the primary always has the CRC errors .
>They are Meraki SPFs. OM2 MM fiber
OM2 is getting pretty old now. But still, it is in the specifications.
Is everything you are using OM2 rated, includind the patch leads? You haven't got any mis-matched leads, like some 125 micron patch leads with 50 micron cabling, etc?
Are you running a modern firmware like 10.45? Because the errors always follow the primary port it could be a software issue.
Just curious if you guys resolved your issues. I have a stack of MS425s connected to a stack of MS355s via twinax DAC cables. I noticed one of the aggregate ports on the MS355s was showing high crc errors. I swapped cables with a spare but still it remained so I put the original back. I then flipped the cables on the ms355 end and the high crc errors moved to the new port on the ms355. I then swapped the cables on the ms425 end and the crc errors once again moved back to the original port on the ms355. That eliminates the cables as a possible issue as the errors were always on the far end of the same MS425 port regardless of cable used. Currently waiting to hear back from support. The switches are running 11.30. Gonna try a reboot of the 1 ms425 tonight.