MS390 and MA-MOD-8X10G local configuration

CodyA1
Conversationalist

MS390 and MA-MOD-8X10G local configuration

I have an MS390 with a MA-MOD-8X10G module installed. In the local configuration page it won't let me set any of the ports to 10Gbps full duplex forced. 1Ghbps is the highest speed listed.

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It is not possible to force 10Gb, just leave it in auto mode.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

We had a big discussion about this.

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Switching/Basic-Speed-Duplex-functionality-of-device-ports/m-p/17510...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
CodyA1
Conversationalist

TAC just told me that it's a known issue that is being worked on with the development team and there is currently no ETA on when it will be fixed. Thats awesome...

As mentioned before, with that module, the connected rate comes from the installed SFP.   They do not train up or down, therefore why would it need to be configurable?   If you want a 10G link, install a 10G SFP+   If you want a 1G link, install a 1G SFP.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels