MS355 UPoE

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MS355 UPoE

Has anyone experienced this issue that has appeared in the release notes for ages:

• MS350-24X and MS355 series switches do not negotiate UPoE over LLDP correctly (always present)

How does it manifest?  We want to try to power some Axis PoE to 12V DC convertors that need a 60W port.

7 REPLIES 7
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What model is the Axis camera? I worked for many years with Axis cameras if you tell me the model I can get a better idea.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@alemabrahao it is this device, used to power an FA54 base:

AXIS T8127 60 W Splitter 12/24 V DC | Axis Communications

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Well in that case I'll assume it's a PTZ camera correct?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The FA54 is a base for 4x remote camera heads and two microphones.  It uses up to 30W of 12V power.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Well, I don't know how it will work in this case, I understand that UPoE is not negotiated over LLDP, but the splitter must be Plug-and-play and I didn't find any more specific documentation.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As an add on to this question, has anyone successfully had the Axis M3058 360 degree cameras work on an MS355, in terms of PoE?  We have some and the port simply stays dark.  I am going to test the cabling, but they are working fine on the old 3850 switches that we want to move them away from... 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The datasheet says they use up to 12W and are af/at standard with a 10/100 NIC.  Doesn't seem too demanding... 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels