Received MS250 and trying to get it to show up in my portal. Have switch on an internet connection. Checked management interface and the switch sees the cloud but won't connect. Any ideas?
you added the serial number to the dashboard?
does it give any error/info on the local status page?
try with static ip settings.
try factory reset it.
Most of the time the Local Status Page shall display the reason. Why a device is not able to reach the cloud?
Could you please re-verify the following.
1. Try factory resetting the device.
2. The device is successfully added in the dashboard.
3. The upstream firewall is not blocking reach-ability to cloud.
4. The Default VLAN1 is used for management traffic.
5. The up link port is a Trunk Port.
6. Port Speed (Uplink Port) at the Local Status Page. They should negotiate.
Hope this helps you.
I assume that the port it is plugged into can access the Internet. I assume the switch it is plugging into doesn't have anything turned on like BPDU guard, port security, or other protective measures.
A lot of the time with new switches you need to plug them in and leave them for 30 minutes while they do initial firmware updates.
What colour(s) is the status LED?
What does the local status page say?