MS220-48LP device uptime

BrandonN
New here

MS220-48LP device uptime

What is the easiest way to see uptime on meraki switches? I cant find it in the dashboard.

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
Welles
Building a reputation

Other than the 30 day history, I don't think there is a way to see those details. If you do find a way, post it here. Or we might have to "Make A Wish" for it. 

bholmes12
Getting noticed

@BrandonN

Definitely wish the devices would show uptime!!!!

I search the logs for power supply inserted. That message appears upon bootup, so if I see that I know the switches rebooted. 

@bholmes12 I am not sure if it is possible to raise a future request with your SE, but yes I think this info is very valuable. 

Adam
Kind of a big deal

Any way to see the uptime on an MX?

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

@Adam Same as the MS - no uptime available besides the 30 day connectivity history. I believe Support has access to actual uptime though. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Thanks I'll put in a ticket to ask. 

mmmmmmark
Building a reputation

I know my MX64 rebooted on Oct 20th at around 6:23pm as that's when I updated the firmware on it. So I went into the event log and looked for anything before 6:30pm on Oct 20th and saw that these two events were right beside each other. Course that depends on you using the advanced security license and having AMP enabled.

Oct 20 18:24:30 Primary uplink status changeuplink: 0
Oct 20 18:24:22 Intrusion detection startedsnort_rules_version: 2.9.8.3, source: ids-vrt-security, rules: 9fecd6b063736903e331e0db3b5192cbc10b7b72

Use the 'Make a Wish' button on the status page. That's what I've been doing. If I needed to know the CPU utilization or uptime stats on a device, I just call support and ask them, they've been happy to tell me without needing to put a ticket in.

It would be nice to see this as a column for all devices.  We had an issue where a switch was regularly rebooting.  The switch would come back online before our 5 minute downtime alert would trigger so we had no idea the issue was happening until users reported it.  

MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Agree with earlier posts this is a good ask, and unfortunately is not visible in Dashboard, at least not yet.  It is also not available (again at least not yet) via Dashboard API calls.  Confirmed that Meraki Support can see uptime info and past reboot history and share with you.  In the meantime, leverage what you can from the configurable alerts, the Event Log (for example Primary Uplink Status Change on the MX or Power Supply Inserted on the MS), keep the wishes coming, and work with your respective Meraki or Partner sales teams to echo this feature request to the Dashboard team.  

As others have mentioned, there is no way to see the raw uptime in the dashboard. Please drop this in the 'make a wish' box.

If you really need the data, you can likely check with support.
Jose Pena
Network Support Engineer @ Cisco Meraki .:|:.:|:.
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Bumping an old thread, I am surprised to see this information is still not exposed in the dashboard.  Had a power event at one of our sites and was trying to verify if the Meraki equipment power cycled.  Not exposed in the dashboard, had to call support for them to verify device uptime.  Can anyone from the Meraki side request getting this added.  Plenty of wishes made for an otherwise easy feature to deploy.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels