MS130 Adaptive Policy Features????

Solved
JonathanClark
Comes here often

MS130 Adaptive Policy Features????

Good Day fellow Meraki Engineers!

I have an interesting question I was hoping you could shed light on for me.

At the launch of the MS130 series, I came across a thread mentioning that these switches are hardware ready to support Adaptive policy in coming firmware versions. This was around the time of launch. 

Has anyone come across talks/notices or any roadmap as to when this may be implemented? Currently it only seems to be available on MS390 and C9300 switches. It would be interesting to know if we could still expect this feature to come soon as I feel it could hold a very unique value set for the lower-mid tier line of the MS portfolio. 

Thanking you all in advance.

1 Accepted Solution
JonathanSwitch
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

There are no current public announcements regarding the adaptive policy support for MS130X/R series switches yet that I am aware of. If there's no public information, the best person to ask would be your Meraki Sales Representative. However, they may not know or be at liberty to release information either, but it is where I would go to first.

If you're not familiar with who that is for your organization, you can find the information under the "Help -> Get Help -> Still Need Help? -> Contact your Meraki Sales Representative" button in the dashboard. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

Last I heard it's going to be "soon" - I believe within this year. Do note, that it's only the -X and -R models that are going to support Adaptive Policy.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I believe the next major MS software train will introduce adaptive policy support in MS130X/R series switches.  I think that is the reason you can't find any advanced licenses for those switches yet either.

JonathanSwitch
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

There are no current public announcements regarding the adaptive policy support for MS130X/R series switches yet that I am aware of. If there's no public information, the best person to ask would be your Meraki Sales Representative. However, they may not know or be at liberty to release information either, but it is where I would go to first.

If you're not familiar with who that is for your organization, you can find the information under the "Help -> Get Help -> Still Need Help? -> Contact your Meraki Sales Representative" button in the dashboard. 

JonathanClark
Comes here often

Thank you all for your advice thus far.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels