MS120-8LP - send PPPoE credentials to DSL modem in bridge mode

WyoComputers
Conversationalist

MS120-8LP - send PPPoE credentials to DSL modem in bridge mode

Hello all!

I have a Meraki MS120-8LP switch.  I was hoping to have it replace an aging switch / router that is running OpenWrt.  The DSL service in this location is a "pair bonded" configuration, so it's hard to find a reliable device to connect to the service which is why the DSL modem is in bridge mode.  When the DSL modem is not in bridge mode, it gets flaky under load...  The old router logs into the service with PPPoE and everything works good.

Is there a way to get the Meraki MS120-8LP to send the PPPoE info, either through some sort of a configuration or the APIs?  I know with some models its possible.  I connected to the device locally and it did not have any options I could find and my searches through documentation / forums have not yielded anything.  Only thing I found was a forum where people are re-flashing these with OpenWRT, but it doesn't look like everything is ironed out with the hacked firmware.   

If anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated!

Regards,

Aaron

2 REPLIES 2
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

The MS120 isn't a layer 3 switch, and it has no support for PPPoE. You would need an MX Security Appliance which does support PPPoE for this.

Thanks for the reply jdsilva! That is what I thought. I am not used to these devices that need a cloud connection to configure everything... promising hardware specs; disappointed by how neutered it is by the software. I have a couple other Rukus switches, I will use one of those for the PPPoe login.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels