MS120-24P Problems with the Cloud - Insert the used Hardware

JKoth
New here

MS120-24P Problems with the Cloud - Insert the used Hardware

Hello,

i have a problem with 3pieces of the MS120-24P.

I bought them used from a company which is now closed.

The problem is that the MS120-24P install always the Network settings from the old closed company.

And i can not insert the bought Hardware on my Meraki dashbord.

I get always the information from the dashboard that the MS120-24P is in use (from the old company)

Is there a solution to delete the 3pieces from the dashboard from the closed Company? 

I also have tried to let delete the 3 pieces from the closed company, but there are no people now in this company and so no can delete the profile from the dashboard ore delete the three MS120-24P.

Have you please a solution for me.

Many THANKS!

lg

Jochen   

5 REPLIES 5
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can't claim devices into your dashboard if they exist in another.

If they were purchased second hand, there's not much you can do about it other than getting an employee to login and release the devices. If your company acquired the other company and have just lost access to the dashboard, you may have grounds to get it back.

Best to contact support to see what they can do for you, but likely the devices won't be usable.

JKoth
New here

Hello,

OK Many thanks for the answer. I will try to contact the support.

Is there a solution to deacxtivate the cloud connectivity on the MSP120-24P?

(I will not put the switches i the waste)

lg

Jochen

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The switches can't operate without cloud connectivity.

Without connectivity to the Meraki dashboard with a valid license, they are useless.

JKoth
New here

ok

many thanks.

i will connect the support

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The Meraki support will not unclaim it for you, you need to try contact who sells it to you  and ask to unclaim the devices.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels