MS and L3 ACL's

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MS and L3 ACL's

Hi Everyone

I have been away for a few months but finally back into it. I WAS looking at setting up L3 routing on our MS425-32 however I feel Meraki is really lagging behind its competitors when it comes to L3 ACL's

1. Why does something as powerful as a MS425 only support 128 ACL's........

2. Why can you not setup port ranges in an ACL, you can only specify single ports.

This means for a large network with multiple subnets cannot really use L3 routing on a Meraki switch as they are likely to hit the ACL limit. This is really poor development. 

I will push my sales rep on this as its rather disappointing. 

Hope everyone is well and looking forward to the weekend

3 REPLIES 3
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Hey @BlakeRichardson, I have a few situations where I use ACLs but they tend to be somewhat limited.  Do you have any options to supernet some subnets to consolidate?  But I agree, I have a lot more rules then I'd need to have if I could just get the ability to enter multiple sources, destinations or ports for a given rule. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

@Adam not really. Its a shame that Meraki is behind its competitors in this regard. My workplace has invested heavily in Meraki and we are having to use a different brand because of the limitations in L3 ACL. Its a shame really.

@BlakeRichardson wrote:

@Adam not really. Its a shame that Meraki is behind its competitors in this regard. My workplace has invested heavily in Meraki and we are having to use a different brand because of the limitations in L3 ACL. Its a shame really.

I totally agree.   What types of ACLs are you creating where the quantity is so large?  I'm just trying to think of other options to look for possibly unconventional ways to solve your design.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels