MS 11.22 - Why the Device moved to Guest VLAN just after the upgrade

trendkill
Here to help

MS 11.22 - Why the Device moved to Guest VLAN just after the upgrade

Hi All,

Did anyone notice any wired device moving to a different VLAN just after the upgrade. I have a device connected to a Corp VLAN port. But just after the upgrade moved to Guest VLAN. I have checked my servers the Client MAC address is visible on our systems to authenticate it to Corp VLAN which is one the prerequisites. Just after rebooting the device it went back to normal. I did not have a chance to do a pcap as it was a printer & i had to reboot it as users were on top of my head. Anyone experience the same after the upgrade ?

4 REPLIES 4
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@trendkill  I would say a 0 and 1 got mixed up somewhere. I haven't heard of this issue from anyone else but if restarting the device fixed the problem I don't think you will see a repeat.

ByronC
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@trendkill That is certainly odd behavior. From the firmware change/ fix list I do not see anything that would directly relate to VLAN changes.

If you would like further details, I would recommend opening a case with Meraki Support and they may be able to shed some light on any changes that may have occurred during the upgrade process. Beyond that review, an explanation of root cause would be very difficult to provide without the ability to reproduce the behavior.

Regards,

Byron Claiborne

Cisco Meraki

MLST
New here

Are you using 802.1x authentication on those ports?

For the last two weeks, I've had a number of computers that started to end up on the guest VLANs despite successfully authenticating.  It takes a shutdown-wait-startup cycle or a port bounce to correct that (just a reboot wasn't working, needs to actually turn off).  

I did update the firmware on our switches, but in an attempt to fix the problem, not before it started.

This seems to only be happening to new computers that have upgraded to win 10 1903 and have discrete TPM.  I suspected new/updated "virtualization based security" features in windows could be to blame, but so far turning them off hasn't seemed to help.

I'm working with meraki support, just sent them a ton of pcaps last night.

JoRett
Here to help

To be honest , and this is also a private meaning...the 11.22 is the most buggy version I ever used. Because there is no way to go back to 10.40, the Beta 11.25 is the lesser evel...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels