MERAKI AND ALCATEL IP PHONES

Felix_Mugambi
Here to help

MERAKI AND ALCATEL IP PHONES

Hello Team,

Hope you are all good.

Needed help;i have an alcatel ip phone that i connect to ms-120 24p switch,the phones comes up but gives me an error "no ethernet link". In a cisco catalyst switch like 2960 i get the error "no tftp response" which i can try to figure out.

Would by any chance meraki switches not work with other ip phones and not cisco ones?

I appreciate all your responses in advance,Thanks.

2 Replies 2
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

The Cisco Meraki switches work with any vendors' IP phones so long as those phones support the same standards as the switches do - which are pretty much common across all switch manufacturers. In other words it should probably work.

I'm not familiar specifically with Alcatel IP phones but I'd be checking to make sure there are no problems with the cable between the phone and the switch - it is possible to get power and no data. Then I'd check your configuration, does the phone need a voice VLAN configured, does it read the LLDP frames, does it need DHCP options? Is the voice VLAN configured on the Meraki switch, are DHCP servers/forwarders configured for the voice VLAN?

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Like Bruce mentioned your VLAN config on your phone needs to match the design.

It is very possible the phone is statically configured with a voice tagged VLAN which has not been configured on the switchport.

If using CDP or LLDP then the phone should receive the voice vlan through these protocols.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels