MA-SFP-1GB-TX

Matt_Collins
Getting noticed

MA-SFP-1GB-TX

All,

Just a very quick question as I cannot find anything on any of the Meraki Datasheets for it .  can you MA-SFP-1GB-TX run at 10/100/1000(1Gb) or is it just 1Gb.  I dont have one i can test with and there is nothing anywhere on Meraki that states it can downspeed.  I know the Cisco GLC-TE can do 10/100/1000 and thinking that they are basically the same - can anybody confirm.

Many thanks

1 Reply 1
Pete_RMOW
Getting noticed

I could not find any datasheets on this either when I wondered the same thing a few months ago, but I'm almost positive it is only 1Gb. I tried to connect an MS-425 using the MA-SFP-1GB-TX to an older 100mb HP Procurve switch (in a lab) and would not detect a link (no link lights on either switch). I tried 2 different MA-SFP-1GB-TX to make sure and same scenario on both. (Also tried the Cisco GLC-T with the same result) I then connected the MS-425 to both a new HP 1GB Procurve and also an MS250 and worked without any issues.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels