Lost management to one of the switch in stack on failover of ISP

UjjwalGrewal
Comes here often

Lost management to one of the switch in stack on failover of ISP

we tested the failover last night and it worked but just one weird scenario happened whenever we shut the one ISP and traffic moves to Second ISP, but we lost management to one of the switches in stack. After shut and no shut it will come back. We changed cable etc. but no luck we lost management to one switch only in the stack every time we do this failover test .

We tried different ports cables etc 

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It will take a few minutes to back, but is your network still working alright? Is it a physical stack or Flexible Stacking? I had the same issue with Flexible Stacking, but after a few minutes, It showed up again.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

We have Physical Stack of Two switches MS250 . Yes all the Subnets on the local network are ping able . Only we lose the management of switch 1 not switch 2 in the stack when we tested  failover  

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

How are the two switches in the stack connected to the two MXs, or whatever firewalls you are using on the ISP connections?  Or do you have one ISP connected to each switch?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels