Local/Physical access to Meraki Switches Configuration

msaleemuddin
New here

Local/Physical access to Meraki Switches Configuration

Hi All, this is my first post in Meraki Community. I am not sure if this is the right question to be asked here, kindly bear with me.

I have come across a situation where I was required to access the MS-210 switch locally to perform configuration changes as no internet connectivity was available to push the configuration changes from the cloud, but I didn't find a way to do this.

can someone guide me with steps or share a document to access the Meraki Devices configuration locally without internet access.

Thank You.

5 Replies 5
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can perform initial configuration on Meraki devices through the local status page. Details on how to access it can be found in the link below

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Using_the_Cisco_Me...

Keep in mind however that its purpose is just to perform initial config to get the switch connected to the internet. From there it will pull the full config from Meraki cloud.

Thank You Brash, my concern is to have the local configuration access to the production devices incase we loose the internet access.

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Meraki equipment is designed to be cloud first and this there's no way to locally manage the device configuration. 

The only options you've got locally are basic port settings and setting the management IP.  Enough to get you out of trouble if you make upstream config changes that disconnect the switch from the Internet, bit not enough to perform full featured config changes during an internet outage.

Hi, Thanks, I tried to access the local page from the network but not accessible, is there any settings to be enabled?

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The local status page can be disabled in the dashboard. Check under Network-wide > General > Device configuration

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels