L3 Warm spare on C9300-M Switches?

BrokenDoor538
Conversationalist

L3 Warm spare on C9300-M Switches?

I see the MS250/MS350 switches are being end of sale soon - When will the C9300-M switches support the L3 Warm spare function?

I've an install which requires this but I'd of course prefer to go for the new model but its tricky to choose that as the "newer" model doesn't support the same functionality as the older hardware which is about to be axed...

4 Replies 4
BrokenDoor538
Conversationalist

Oh and to clarify - I was refering to the information on this page: https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Layer_3_Switching/MS_Warm_Spare_(VRRP)_Overview 

I see on the datasheet its coming down the line, but the timing is awkward 😞

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That feature will come down the line however you do need to ask why your design still requires this feature.
Having a classic design like this means you have a separate location for your second distribution switch and don't want to pay for a C9500 who can do stacking over a distance with 2 switches.

The simplified architecture is superior in that regard that you get active active uplinks of your access switches and you don't need to align spanning tree.

It’s a site with two switches only with Hyper-V servers connected using switch independent teaming (no LACP) - I want to be able to use staged upgrades without bringing L3 down.

Can’t do that with a stack…

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The MS355s (and others covered by the end of sale notice) will be supported for over 5 years.  I totally agree it is a tricky time right now.  We had the same choice and got the 355s as the 9300s weren't fully featured yet.  I'm sure it will be soon that these features arrive, the native IOS-XE wasn't until 2025 in February, but arrived in October so there's hope!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels