L3 Vlan SVIs on Meraki

Solved
navysubvet
Here to help

L3 Vlan SVIs on Meraki

On Cat switches, you could config a Vlan SVI with no IP address. How does one config/duplicate this in the Meraki environment? I have several vlans that were not migrated to Meraki, but those devices till need to communicate

1 Accepted Solution

It will be included when you set it for all.

You don't need to create a VLAN on Meraki switches.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's not possible on Meraki switches.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

My Meraki devices can ping google/outside, but can't ping my internal servers (like AD). How do I remedy that?

SnackSteeler
Here to help

When you trunk up to your L3 device whatever vlans that are allowed on the trunk will be available. If your MS is L3 then you need IP's on your svi's.

All vlan SVIs reside on the MX. I do have those included across the trunk uplinks. I just wonder where I allow "all", if only the vlans with SVIs (and IP addresses) will show,. Must those vlans without SVIs be defined by number, or will they be included in the "all"? Hope that makes sense...

It will be included when you set it for all.

You don't need to create a VLAN on Meraki switches.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels