L2L and Internet

nst1
Building a reputation

L2L and Internet

in my netwok, I have an MX and an MS in my MS I have my VLANs configured my default route 0.0.0.0/0 will have internet access for the user vlan and I have another VLAN Server that will connect to another remote site (an L2L)

for the two services I have the port in trunk Is this correct or will I have some affectation ???

1 REPLY 1
nikiwaibel
Getting noticed

if you configure a "trunk", you can have more then one VLAN (separated network / IP-address-range) on one cable. a "trunk" tags the ethernet data by so called VLAN-tags. it may also have "untagged" ethernet data, that is called "native VLAN" usually.

if a port has "untagged" ethernet data only, it is called "access port" (instead of "trunk port"). usually you have to define which VLAN is put onto such a port (without any VLAN-tag on the ethernet data).

an "access port" may have a voice VLAN, which turns the port basically in a "trunk port", with one tag for voice and no tag ("native VLAN" / "access port") for regular data. [if i am wrong on this, pls correct me - never used it].

your ports connecting MX and MS shall be configured in the exact same way.

i am not exactly sure what you mean by "VLAN Server". there is sthg like a "VLAN Server" on cisco classic (which is called VTP - VLAN trunk protocol), but that's not supported by meraki and i think you mean sthg else.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels