IOS-XE Firmware???? Is this new?

DevOps_RC
Getting noticed

IOS-XE Firmware???? Is this new?

Was just checking the firmware status of our networks and noticed what I think is a new entry at the bottom:

DevOps_RC_0-1702456701785.png

I don't remember seeing IOS-XE in the list before, any comment from official Meraki reps??

4 Replies 4
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Purely a guess but I assume it's related to Meraki Monitored Catalysts, either for firmware tracking, or potentially one day for dashboard pushed firmware upgrades.

I concur, just looking for an official answer from Meraki and potentially info on it's release date, be that EA or GA. 

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I was looking through a Cisco live presentation and it looks like IOS Image upgrade for Meraki monitored/managed catalysts is on the roadmap.

BRKENS-2201 (ciscolive.com) - Slide 62

Nice spot.

I also found the next slide interesting. While this looks to be only for the Catalyst monitored switches, I think it would be a great feature to include for the whole Meraki switch line, to be able to compare configurations between two different time frames. I appreciate that it's possible through the use of API or a appstore service, but including it within the dashboard seems to be a good thing.

DevOps_RC_0-1703156049932.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels