I do not have internet in MS250

nst1
Building a reputation

I do not have internet in MS250

I have an MS250, in my network I only have that single MS (I do not have Fw) I have MS set my VLANs and each VLAN with DHCP, connect a laptop and it gives me DHCP but does not surf the internet and the ping does not respond.

Try two different scenarios:

1.- Connect my MS in a Modem (the modem gives me DHCP 192.168.1.0/24 network mask 192.168.1.254)

The MS obtained DHCP and connected to the Meraki cloud.

Then configure my Default Route:

Interfaces

Switch          Name         Subnet                 IP                      VLAN          DHCP Setting   

Core                  User               150.130.156.0/24       150.130156.1        130                  Server
Core                  Internet          192.168.1.0/24           192.168.1.250       120                  Off

Static routes

Switch          Name         Subnet                 Next Hop IP      Advertise via OSPF        
Core                  Default route  0.0.0.0/24                   192.168.1.254        No

I do not have internet, what may be happening ???,
will be that because the modem does not have VLAN 120 ????

2.-  They provided me with network parameters to configure the MS with static addressing.  

The IP is public of type B 187.X.X.22X / 26 default gateway 187.X.X.193

And configure the MS with that data. My MS will be directly connected to the carrier's router.

Then my default route was as follows;

Interfaces

Switch          Name         Subnet                 IP                      VLAN          DHCP Setting   

Core                  User               150.130.156.0/24       150.130156.1        130                  Server
Core                  Internet          187.X.X192/26           187.X.X.200          120                  Off

Static routes

Switch          Name         Subnet                 Next Hop IP      Advertise via OSPF        
Core                  Default route  0.0.0.0/24                   187.X.X.193           No

I do not have internet, what may be happening ???,
Does the MS have to be in the same VLAN of the Carrier router ???

Are the two scenarios valid ???

5 REPLIES 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

First VLAN130 is using public IP address when it should probably be using private IP addressing.

Next your modem will need a route for VLAN130 via VLAN120.

Next your modem will need to be configured to do NAT for VLAN130.

I assume you have plugged your modem into VLAN120 (even if by making a port on the switch an access port in VLAN120), and that from VLAN120 you can ping your modem.

nst1
Building a reputation

my modem is not L3, it is a house modem.

the second ecenary as the time ??

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If your modem doesn't have layer 3 capabilities then this configuration is not likely to work for you.  You will need a more capable router.

DN
Here to help

I agree with @PhilipDAth  , you are going to need a L3 device , and if you are going with the second scenario , make shure the other side has the routes for the  VLANs / ( VLAN Tagging )  . 

nst1
Building a reputation

In agreement @DN

Previously we had an MX65W (and in it the VLANs were configured) which will be replaced by the MS250.
Because when I had the MX on the other side I did not have the routes for VLANs / (VLAN tagging).

And now with the MS I have to make sure that the other side has the routes for the VLANs / (VLAN tagging). ?????
What is the difference between the MX and the MS if both are L3 ?????
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels