Health or Performance of my core switch

Nedy
Getting noticed

Health or Performance of my core switch

Hello!

Is there any way to see the health or performance of my switch core? for example: memory, cpu, thoughput? I hava a MS350-24X as core switch and I need to know if this switch is enough or the right one for my network.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

I was going to say summary report since i know it shows some data for the MX, but I just checked and I see nothing for the switches.

You might need to contact support, they should be able to provide you with the information you need.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

Thanks for your answer!

I have not seen anything related to the switches either. Thank you!

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

With switches all the packet forwarding is done by the silicon.  The CPU and memory are used by things like dynamic routing protocol updates, spanning tree calculations, and the like.

Unless you have at least 10,000 layer 3 routes in your network you probably don't have to worry about CPU or memory.

Throughput can be gauaged from the Network-Wide/Clients view.  If you are only using the Gigabit ports, then your maximum throughout would be 2 x 24 Gb/s, or 48Gb/s.  So if you don't see the graph getting close to this you don't have an issue.

And even then, you could then consider using the 10Gbe ports for high traffic generators/sinks.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels