Fluke LinkRunner - shows switch MAC

Capt_Caaaveman
Getting noticed

Fluke LinkRunner - shows switch MAC

I have MS390 switches CS 15.21.1, when we go to fluke a port, the switch info is just the MAC.  how can we get it so show switch name

13 Replies 13
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I believe this is unrelated to Meraki. Have you tried contacting Fluke?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

We

are in the process of that.  just want to see if others had the issue and if there is a fix.  

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You obtain this information via LLDP, so I don't know if you need to perform any additional configuration on Fluke.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'd upgrade to CS 16.8 as 16.3 included a number of CDP and LLDP fixes.

That works!  But stacked switches do not show the switch name.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do they show a stack name, IOS-XE considers a stack one switch

they show MAC info still

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'd log a ticket with support.  If 16.8 fixed it for single switches they must have some idea what needs changing for stacks.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you using any port security features?  802.1x?  MAC restrictions, etc?

nope

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you running recent firmware on your Fluke?

thats next.  we have a couple different models.  having the team gather that.  but the CS 16.8 update fixes the name for individual switches

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Do your switches show this on the switch detail pages "Current version: Not running configured version"? If yes, I would recommend opening a Support case.

Ryan / Meraki SE

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solved your problem click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels