Fan Issue - RMA

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Fan Issue - RMA

So I received a nice email this morning saying one of our MS225 units has a potential fan failure and has show critical temperature alerts and to claim a replacement.

This is nice thats its automated but it doesn't actually give me the serial number of the affected device and given we have a few of these I guess I am going to have to try and work this out using the log files.

I would have thought this simple piece of information would have been included.

5 Replies 5
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

Open a case with Support. They can see which units have thrown the critical temp alarm (this isn't visible to users in Dashboard) - it may be multiple units as well. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12

@MRCUR I have identified the unit by looking through the logs. So I know which unit I am replacing now. 

@PhilipDAth The email did mention the network but not the org, I guess with some unique naming convention this would help. 

@BlakeRichardson we have to prefix every network with an Org ID now because of the issue.

Now I have an email saying the case is closed and no further action is required, now I have no idea if a replacement is actually being sent or not.....

Come on Cisco if this is a serious issue why am I having to read between the lines to work out whats going on?? 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I hate it when the emails don't mention the organisation.  When you look after a large number of organisations simply being told that some device has a failure can take us hours to track down.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels