FAQs for MS355

JamesL
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

FAQs for MS355

MS355-48X2-MS355-24X2-Stacked-noshadow - Copyv1.png

We are proud to release our new high mGig port-density switch, the MS355. The device is designed to support large deployments of next generation access points which require greater switching capacity. If you’re learning about the product for the first time, consider reviewing the MS355 blog.

We realize customers may have questions so we wanted to provide a resource to help you learn more about the product.

How do I tell the difference between MS355 models?

The "X Series" models feature fewer mGig ports (8 and 16 mGig ports)

The "X2 Series" models feature more mGig ports (24 mGig ports)

How does this product differ from Meraki’s previous mGig switch (MS350)?

Meraki previously dipped our foot into the water of full 10G mGig with the release of our first mGig switch, the MS350-24X with 8 mGig ports. Importantly, the MS355 features greater switching capacity and does not stack with the MS350.

Why should I consider the MS355?

The MS355 was designed to accommodate greater numbers of 802.11AC and AX access points for larger wireless deployments.

Is Meraki making any statements about 802.11ax (next generation) access points?

Our previous statement is here: https://meraki.cisco.com/blog/2018/03/wi-fi-standards-on-the-move-again/

What kind of stacking cables are used?

The MS355 uses 100G QSFP28 stacking cables provided by Meraki at 0.5, 1, and 3M in length.

I have more technical questions! Where can I go?

There's more information available in our technical documentation and the MS355 Datasheet. If you have further questions not answered there, feel free to ask them here on the Community!

I still have questions!

Post your questions here on this thread!

1 REPLY 1
Nick
Head in the Cloud

How to say I am disappointed these don't stack with the MS350 line
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels