Early Access: Enhanced Topology

Minyi
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Early Access: Enhanced Topology

We are excited to announce a new enhanced version of Topology is available! This updated Topology provides an automated, comprehensive, and contextualized view of your end-to-end network performance. Navigate to Organization > Early Access page, and toggle “Opt-in" now. 

What's new? 

This updated Topology map is more interactive and intuitive. It is designed to provide a quick snapshot view of network health and unparalleled visibility with device- and client-level details. 

• Your network binoculars: see a high-level view of network health and client overview and zoom in to focus on what’s important so you can identify patterns and anomalies faster. 

Minyi_0-1708721911954.png

• Unparalleled visibility and network details in one place
    • Device details: understand the interconnection and dependencies easily

Minyi_1-1708721911955.png

Minyi_2-1708721911956.png

• Client details: We heard you loud and clear! Client details are now available within the Topology page. Easily search for and identify a client to help trace and troubleshoot its path throughout the network.

Minyi_3-1708721911956.png

How to opt-in? 

Navigate to Organization > Early Access page, and toggle “Opt-in" now. 

How to submit feedback? 

Let us know how we can improve our topology displays and what context will help give you the insight you need. Once you have opted in, please locate the Feedback button at the top right corner of the enhanced topology page. 

Minyi_4-1708721912075.png

Learn more

Network Topology documentation 

8 Replies 8
CloudStrife
Getting noticed

FlashingAnimatedGIF.gif

dcatiller
Getting noticed

This looks great!

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I like the idea, but the reality doesn't match the documentation.  There seems to only be L2 in the new, L3 is still the old.  Also the link lines look very different and the individual device labels are way too small.  Finally in a large network it looks like you only have some blobs, until you zoom in and all the icons appear.

It is a good idea and hopefully reality will catch up with the promise of the documentation 🤞

Paccers
Getting noticed

It's only L2 for now per 'Requirements and limitations' section of the doco:

"The L3 Topology tab is will be available as a link on the new Topology 2.0 page incase you wish to visit the legacy version of the L3 topology. L3 topology modernization and enhancements are currently out of scope and will likely come along later in the future"

Paccers
Getting noticed

A bit disappointed I actually see less information now about non-9K Cisco switches that are picked up via CDP/LLDP compared with the old version. The mouse hover information isn't the prettiest for those nodes but at least it shows hostname, IP & model for identification.

I'd love to see the hostname of those non-9K nodes in the topology as you do for nodes within Dashboard

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I like the long term goal of this but I find it's got some issues out of the box. For me:

• Meraki MG's show as "Device from other vendor"
  • The topology with an MG is a little stuffed up where it shows the MG sitting between my switch and MX
  • My HQ network doesn't have any of the hover over functionality - it just shows green ticks... Not sure if this is related to Meraki monitored Cat9500's or the number of Meraki switches/AP's.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Our MG doesn't show at all as it is connected to the WAN port of the MXs...

For the third, zoom in and you will see the icons!

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Zooming in definitely helped! 🤣

Oh, for my MG's, it must be because they are connected to the switch for PoE power.

I guess the devs never thought it would show up on the LAN side and so didn't bother putting in the OUI and symbols etc.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels