DHCP Relay not working

heman023
Here to help

DHCP Relay not working

Hello All,

We recently had an issue with DHCP exhaustion. It's time to size up. I've gone into my DC and set up a Scope, which i more or less cloned from an existing(working) scope, and adjusted the router 

heman023_0-1696540445732.png

heman023_2-1696540602279.png

in our infrastructure we have a layer 3 switch stack that we run our DHCP through

heman023_3-1696540780014.png

and I've adjusted the port that i'm testing on with the vlan that corresponds

heman023_4-1696540909194.png

can you guys give me some guidance, let me know what I might be missing here

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The configuration seems to be ok. Did you perform a packet capture?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I did, I'm seeing a ton of retransmits on tcp, for when it was getting any kind internet- but there's a TON of sack-perm lines

Appears your uplink from the stack is sw3 port 43? That's showing a UDLD neighbor mismatch alert and claiming to be connected to sw5 port 38? Sw5 port 38 is blocking reporting seeing BPDUs from multiple senders. 

What is the physical topology of this stack with regards to its uplinks to presumably the MX250?

Ryan / Meraki SE

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solved your problem click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.
heman023
Here to help

The uplinks are MX250 p 3 to sw3 p 43

mx250 p 4 to sw5 p 38

and mx250 p5 to sw3 p 44 which is for the dmz

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels