Current Clients 0

watdee
Getting noticed

Current Clients 0

Not all but a lot of my switch ports are showing Current clients 0 even though I know for a fact that client(s) are connected to the particular ports.  The port shows traffic flow during the time frame.  Even If I change to for the last month, still says 0 clients.  What would cause this?

2 REPLIES 2
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi ,

According to Meraki Support and their documentation ( https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Clients_Usage_Page_Ov... ) :

"A client will only appear in the list once it has passed Internet traffic. If a device, such as a LAN printer, does not pass any Internet traffic, then it will not appear in the list."

To be honest with you , this is a weird way to manage Clients and doesn't make any sense at all. 

That would make sense then.  One of the devices I was looking at was an old idrac that had been connected for months but meraki said 0 clients.  Could be that it hadn't reached out to the net at all.  Thanks

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels