Crazy MAC Flapping on switch stack

Einstein
Getting noticed

Crazy MAC Flapping on switch stack

Since upgrading to switch firmware 12.28 (MS210-48fp), our switch stack is just creating pages and pages and pages of MAC Flapping logs. All reported devices are AP's, some (most) have 0 (zero) clients associated with them as we currently have limited staff. Our AP's are set in bridge mode, we have 2 SSID's. I am concerned of high CPU usage on the switches (sure would be nice if we could see this) as the switches are creating these logs at an alarming rate, hundreds of pages, almost a page a minute. I would say 95% are on the switch the AP's are connected to. I have 2 questions....need I worry?.....Is the new firmware to blame as we had 0 (zero) of these errors prior, should I just revert?

Thank you all in advance, I always appreciate the feedback I receive here. 

1 REPLY 1
bmehta
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hello,

I believe MAC flap logging is a recent firmware addition which is present in 12.x firmware. These logs indicate a possible loop due to redundant link not staying in a blocking state. You may want to create a case with support for troubleshooting and detecting the source of the issue.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels