C9300L-48P-4X switch not booting on Meraki Special Image "cat9k_iosxe.17.09.03m3.SPA.bin"

SaquibZeya
Comes here often

C9300L-48P-4X switch not booting on Meraki Special Image "cat9k_iosxe.17.09.03m3.SPA.bin"

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade C9300L-48P-4X switch to Meraki Special Image  "cat9k_iosxe.17.09.03m3.SPA.bin" but the switch is not able to boot on this IOS and getting stuck. Encountering  this issue on multiple switches. Any inputs/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Saquib 

8 Replies 8
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Did you follow the upgrade guide, especially noticing the INSTALL versus BUNDLE upgrade differences?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-9300-series-switches/216231-upgrade-gui...

Hi Philip,

Yes, I am upgrading in Install mode. I dont see any error while upgrade process but when the switch is trying to boot on new "packages.conf" file after reload, it does not boot and get stuck.

Is it hanging or do you get an error message?

It sounds like this is going to need support.

SaquibZeya
Comes here often

It is hanging with no error log.

I'll reach out to Meraki support.

And it is not appearing in the Meraki Dashboard?

Not yet onboarded. We first have to upgrade the switch and then check.

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you do a show flash or dir

Do you see the actual packages.conf file and all the individual package files that it is referencing  (.pkg) files?

If you do more flash:packages.conf you should see the files it is referencing for boot.

There is no issue in upgrade process. I can see packages.conf and .pkg file but after reload it does not boot on .conf file. Tested with .bin also (Bundle), not booting. However, the same switch booting up on other supported Catalyst image. I will post the solution when i receive it from Meraki support.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels