C9300-M switches are kitted differently than C9300 in DNA mode

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

C9300-M switches are kitted differently than C9300 in DNA mode

Hey, we recently had our first customer shipment of C9300L-M switches and I was surprised that the accessories inside the box are different than the C9300 switches you get in normal Cisco designs.

The regular kit has the two rack ears, a cable holder, a power cable!!!, and blank plates on the back where you screw in the stacking modules.

I found that the -M switch has a lot of "airflow" by default.  the backside is completely open, there are even holes where you can optionally insert the stacking modules.  Meaning if you use it for an individual switch you have 2 gaping holes in the back of the switch.  You do get the plate to cover up the secondary psu slot if you don't get the secondary psu.

Personally I find this confusing why there is a difference in the kit and will cause headaches to have a correct BOM for projects.

1 Reply 1
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@GIdenJoe that's interesting.  The C9300-48UXM-Ms that I bought have everything you'd expect from Cisco except the power cable as Meraki don't ship those in Europe.  Personally I agree with this as we gave 500+ power cables to charities over the last couple of decades!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels