C13 to C14 power cable

nflnetwork29
Here to help

C13 to C14 power cable

Hello, is it possible to plug my switch (Meraki Ms1240-24p) into a C-13 outlet?

The only power cable i see is the NEMA 5-15p to > C15

MA-PWR-CORD-US
5 REPLIES 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

you need to buy the power cable separately in your country.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

With the right connectors on each end, you would be able to use a C13 outlet (maybe something like Cisco CAB-C15-CBN= ), but bear in mind that PoE switches use C15 for a reason - it's uprated to take the potential extra load / heat.

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, you can use any standard c13-c14 cable.

The Meraki power cables are c15 (they have the notch at the bottom of the plug) but the devices don't explicitly require this.

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Whether you need C15 or not is switch model-dependent (e.g. I just checked and my MS210-24P don't but my MS350-24X do).  But bear in mind:  C15 cables will work with either but a C13 cable won't plug into a switch expecting C15.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Any hot-cold power cable will do for an MS120.  As mentioned above the switches with removable power supplies and PoE required the notched connector (C15) at the switch end due to them being in the exhaust flow.  The cable is also a slightly rougher material as it can withstand higher temperatures that may be present in those areas.  Again, if you ever need those cables they are commonly available from most suppliers.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels