"digital" PTZ

Solved
loftmyndCH
Here to help

"digital" PTZ

Hi all! I have a little question. I can understand the reasons why Meraki doesn't build a PTZ camera. But it would help me a lot if I could display a section of a camera on the video wall and not just select the whole camera. Is that already possible, or am I missing something? Is there a roadmap for that? That would be great. Then I could let the MV32 see one to the left and the other to the right. Thank you!
1 Accepted Solution
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@loftmyndCH  You're not missing something, that feature is not there yet, so for now you can only get the 360-degree hemispherical view of an MV32 on the video wall.  The MV32 is relatively new and new features will be coming, and so far it's a common ask to be able to view a dewarped 16:9 section of your choosing to display on the video wall.  Sorry I don't have any roadmap timelines to share, but know that such a feature is in the queue, and hopefully coming within the next few firmware releases, stay tuned!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Haven't tested the new MV32 but I do not believe it would do that "yet". Meraki I think usually thinks in a way that if their cameras cover a wide area and it's HD there would be no need for PTZ.  

Enthusiast

Can I view multiple angles from a single MV32 in a video wall?

Currently video from the MV32 can be viewed in the video wall in a zoomed out, hemispherical format. Specific, zoomed in areas of the camera stream will become configurable and viewable from the video wall in future updates.

Source:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MV/MV_Smart_Camera_FAQ#Can_I_view_multiple_angles_from_a_single_MV3...

Thanks @BrechtSchamp wasn't too sure this could be done as I haven't gotten to play with the MV32. 

Enthusiast
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@loftmyndCH  You're not missing something, that feature is not there yet, so for now you can only get the 360-degree hemispherical view of an MV32 on the video wall.  The MV32 is relatively new and new features will be coming, and so far it's a common ask to be able to view a dewarped 16:9 section of your choosing to display on the video wall.  Sorry I don't have any roadmap timelines to share, but know that such a feature is in the queue, and hopefully coming within the next few firmware releases, stay tuned!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.