Video Wall not loading / spinning wheel / cutting out to black.

rdunlap
Comes here often

Video Wall not loading / spinning wheel / cutting out to black.

Is anyone else having issues with the Meraki Video Wall either not loading the video stream at all with a spinning circle or when the video loads it's only for a couple seconds at a time and cuts out to black and then comes back again? It started happening this morning and I have updated the cameras to the latest firmware as well to see if that fixes it with no luck. I've tried different browsers as well (IE11, Firefox, Chrome) and the results are all the same in each browser. This has also been done on multiple computers on and off our network and still getting the same results.

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide me.

25 REPLIES 25
Adam
Kind of a big deal

I've had a little trouble but I assume it was the internet connection.  Any chance it correlates with the MV 3.10 firmware update?

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
rdunlap
Comes here often

Thanks for the reply. Our internet connection is a solid 324Mbps down and 60Mbps up so I highly doubt that's a factor. This issue was before we updated to MV 3.10 and thought maybe the firmware update would fix it but is has not.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is the camera on the same lan as you, at a remote site, or something else?

Yes, cameras are on the same LAN at the same location.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

OK so this has nothing to do with the Internet then.

Are you able to play this HLS video test?
https://developer.apple.com/streaming/examples/

Your not using a proxy or anything are you?

It say's "No video with the supported format and MIME type found." for every video I click. We are not using a proxy.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Can you watch the individual cameras ok?

Are the video drivers on your machine up to date?

Yes, the individual cameras seem to be ok. And yes, the video drivers on all the machines we've tested are up to date.

GeorgeB
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Please contact our support team by either calling in or raising a case through dashboard. This will ensure you get some one helping you with the problem as soon as possible.

https://meraki.cisco.com/support/

rdunlap
Comes here often

Unfortunately we've have a ticket open SINCE APRIL and the issue has not been resolved or fixed. This is the next best option because we haven't gotten anywhere with Meraki.

This doesn't sound right. Please message me your case number so I can take a look.

rdunlap
Comes here often

@GeorgeB wrote:

This doesn't sound right. Please message me your case number so I can take a look.

I'm not quite sure how to send a private message. There is no option.

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

@rdunlap Perhaps @CarolineS has protected the employee accounts from receiving messages? 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
rdunlap
Comes here often

@MRCUR wrote:

@rdunlap Perhaps @CarolineS has protected the employee accounts from receiving messages? 

That must be what it is. I can't even reply to GeorgeB's private message he sent me. This is what I am receiving when trying to reply:

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• One or more of these members do not have private messages enabled. Their names have been removed from the Send to list.
rdunlap
Comes here often

@GeorgeB wrote:

GeorgeB, your private messaging is disabled. I can't even respond to the private message you sent me. This is the error I am receiving:

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• One or more of these members do not have private messages enabled. Their names have been removed from the Send to list.
CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Oh whoops! I’ll look into George’s private messaging shortly.

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here
CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rdunlap wrote:
GeorgeB, your private messaging is disabled. I can't even respond to the private message you sent me. This is the error I am receiving:

I fixed the issue with George's private messaging; please try again.

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here

Thanks @CarolineS !

@CarolineS wrote:

@rdunlap wrote:

I fixed the issue with George's private messaging; please try again.

Thank you @CarolineS!

@GeorgeB I sent you a private message!

ebreukelman
Just browsing

@rdunlap - same issue here. Remote view of the video wall shows spinning sometimes, other times cameras keep going to black screen and then back to live. If I VPN in and view as local lan, no issues. Started relatively recently for us, for sure after the last firmware upgrade. Did you ever get a resolution?

That's exactly what is happening to us. We've been experiencing this issue on and off SINCE APRIL and they still have not come up with a resolution or fix for us. They tried to blame it on our browsers first but then when we told them this was happening on all browsers they moved to our computer hardware. I know for a fact both of those are not causing this because like you said, if we use it off our network or even VPN in and then try it works just fine. What's even better is this last firmware update was supposed to fix these issues according to the change log. Have you submitted your own ticket for them? Maybe if we attack this issue in numbers they will know it's just a bigger problem than one customer and get this issue resolved. It's frustrating since we rely on our camera's to monitor different parts of our building. We are a mental health facility so it's VERY important that this is working for the safety of our employees as well as the clients we server. Don't be afraid to reach out to us if you hear anything. Thank you!
Mr_H
Conversationalist

I realize that this is a little late after the original post, but I thought that I might offer some insights from our experiences that seem to persist with the Meraki Video Wall problems even late into 2019.

What we did not discover until after our purchase was that the video walls do not make good 24/7 monitoring systems unless you have a pretty beefy system.  The system resources being used are substantial and grow significantly with each camera added.  It doesn't matter which browser you use, they all exhibit the same issues regardless of the underlying OS builds, driver sets, etc.

Once you buy enhanced systems with discrete video cards, you will still have issues but not as frequently.  Our staff were complaining of having to frequently "reload" the video wall.

We created an app that would go into the browser session and periodically back out of it at 15 minute intervals and then re-enter the video wall automatically.  While not a perfect solution, it cut down on the "reload"requests by about 95-98% in Chrome.  We are about to change the refresh to about 10 minutes to see if that completely corrects the issue.

We are a small shop and don't have time to figure out what sort of cache or resource is crapping out or if it is some sort of memory leak inherent to how the video wall works ... but before you buy any cameras, make meraki sales prove the video wall works 24/7 on your systems.  We don't use rotating video walls so that may not be an issue for that methodology since the screens are refreshing when the next rotation loads.

Oh - the cameras cannot be assigned static IPs (which we found out when took delivery of them).  What a bunch of BS.  I can assign an IP to my $10 toothbrush.  Not being to assign a static IP is a huge pain in the ass (and no, I shouldn't have to create separate subnets blah blah blah just to add a high-dollar network device)

EJN
A model citizen

"We created an app that would go into the browser session and periodically back out of it at 15 minute intervals and then re-enter the video wall automatically.  While not a perfect solution, it cut down on the "reload"requests by about 95-98% in Chrome.  We are about to change the refresh to about 10 minutes to see if that completely corrects the issue."

Can you elaborate on this? Is the app open source?

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
Boulder38
Getting noticed

Within chrome, you can download a chrome extension that does this for you, quite simple 🙂

I've used this one before https://autorefresh-extension.com

amelendez
Here to help

I'm having the same issue, I noticed this thread is over a year old. We just deployed 17 cameras. Very disappointing. 😞

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Security-Cameras/Camera-views-not-loading/m-p/62739#M1527

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.