User Idle Timeout - Video Wall

Solved
aksnoball
Conversationalist

User Idle Timeout - Video Wall

I just received a couple "demo" MV21's and just getting things setup. I currently have our organization timeout at 10 minutes. I may be missing it, Is there anyway that the video users/admins bypass this organization wide idle timeout just for the video users? Or do I have to create their own organization just for the cameras? I'd rather not separate them as that is the whole point of "single pain of glass".

1 Accepted Solution
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

This is a known issue on the MV team. Currently there is no workaround other than changing or disabling the org level timeout. Keep in mind that even if you disable the timeout, there is still a 30 day max auth on each account. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

This is a known issue on the MV team. Currently there is no workaround other than changing or disabling the org level timeout. Keep in mind that even if you disable the timeout, there is still a 30 day max auth on each account. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
aksnoball
Conversationalist

MRCUR, Hopefully that functionality is being considered. Thank you for your response,

Not sure I would agreed with the status of "Solved" given the solution is "this is a known issue" and "there is no workaround".  Can you please provide an update or an ETA for this improved functionality?

Thank you.

I agree.  This is not solved.  I have found threads about this that go back to 2017 and it was a known issue then.  Meraki, when will we see an actual solution for this.  The cameras are not very useful if no one can see them and I have no desire to give all 300 of my users a login to the dashboard.  We need a way to display the live stream on a TV where folks can see it.  This has been a built in feature as long as CCTV has existed.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.