Replace a faulty camera

Bruno2012
Conversationalist

Replace a faulty camera

Hi,

I have a faulty Meraki camera that I need to replace. I am getting a new one, the same model, what is the best way to clone/replace it without losing configuration and videos?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Bruno2012 the videos are on the camera, you would need to either add a Meraki cloud account or use some third party software to download them.

Bruno2012
Conversationalist

thanks for the answer.

I guess I am ok to lose the video as the camera has stopped working for a while.

is there a guide to follow to clone and replace the camera in the dashboard? 

Thanks.

As far as I know there is no clone option for cameras. You will have to start from scratch. 

This would be a handy option. 

Or use camera profiles to define the config and bind the new mv to the profile to adopt the settings 

Bruno2012
Conversationalist

Thanks all. profile looks like a way to go. how do I change cloud retention days if I don't assign a cloud license?

video retention is based on the camera model storage (128, 256, or 512 GB) and the config under quality & rentention. as you configure the options on this page the dashboard will show you an estimate of the retention period.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MV/Initial_Configuration/Video_Retention 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.