RTSP Stream outside of the network for MV52?

BobaTeaGood
Getting noticed

RTSP Stream outside of the network for MV52?

I understand from this Meraki page that RTSP can only be used locally.

What would be the best way to share 1 RTSP of say MV52 to an external trusted service provider?  

The goal here is for the external service provider to analyze that camera RTSP for real-time analytics.

5 Replies 5
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Using a vpn tunnel

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can create S2S VPN with the service provider or create a NAT for the camera IP. But a S2S VPN is more secure. 

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Thanks!  Possible to provide some steps/guides on how best to do S2S VPN or create a NAT?

@BobaTeaGood 

Who is the default gateway about your network, Is it a Meraki MX, Other Firewall Vendor, router?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The MV only creates an RSTP link using the devices IP, VPN is the best option as suggested. Another method that would be incredibly insecure and I would strongly advise against using and I probably shouldn't suggest because you would be giving the world access to your camera stream is port forwarding. But as I said I would strongly advise against using it. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.