New Meraki Vision Portal in Beta

Saralyn
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

New Meraki Vision Portal in Beta

The Meraki dashboard is an amazing tool. It’s a powerful, web-based dashboard that enables IT users to configure, monitor, and troubleshoot their Meraki networks from virtually anywhere. It works so well because it is purpose built with our customers’ IT needs in mind. But our video users have different needs and tasks as part of their responsibilities. Continuing to adapt the Meraki dashboard to serve these use cases didn’t allow us to create the best user experience. So we designed the Meraki Vision portal, specifically for video users. 

image.png

This portal is meant to be the primary way of watching MV video from the browser. The new and intuitive interface makes it easier for camera-specific users (like security guards, loss prevention officers and teachers) to navigate between cameras and conduct investigations, and export and share video.

While there are a lot of exciting things about the Vision portal, some of the highlights include:

• Left navigation pane with a map and thumbnails so users know what camera to click on
  • Collapsible left navigation to maximize screen real estate for video
  • Completely redesigned digital zoom, video timeline and time picker 
  • Dark mode for less eye strain for those who monitor video as part of their job

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 4.12.41 PM.png

Anyone can now navigate to this portal using the Cameras > Monitor > Meraki Vision portal link from the Meraki dashboard. If you have MV cameras in your network, I encourage you to test it out and let us know what you think. The “Feedback” button on the bottom right of the screen can be used to send us comments, and let us know what you think. 

Please keep in mind that the portal is still in beta, so there may be some known limitations still. Please visit the technical documentation to learn more. You can still engage the Meraki Support team using the typical flow. Features related to camera management, configuration and troubleshooting will remain on the Meraki dashboard to retain the single-pane-of-glass experience for network admins.

6 REPLIES 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think this is awesome.

EJN
A model citizen

Just discovered this today. Love it. Some feedback:

1) "Left navigation pane with a map and thumbnails so users know what camera to click on"

* On this pane, provide a toggle to show camera preview on/off.

* Add a filter button... it shows all cameras and I only want to work on the following 3 (without having to create a video wall).

* For the camera preview, it's a static view when the Vision is loaded, correct? 

2) "Collapsible left navigation to maximize screen real estate for video"

* How is this done? Edit: never mind... found the button at the top to collapse/expand the left navigation pane.

Feature Request: when pressing the full screen button, it didn't take away the timeline at the bottom. When I press full screen, I want nothing but the video. Provide a toggle for the timeline on/off when going to full screen (or make the timeline on/off on hover). Full screen should be full screen.

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
EJN
A model citizen

Another Feature Request: when on the video wall, allow user to click on camera to take it full screen (or go to that's camera single view). You can sort of do this in the regular dashboard, but on Vision you can't even click on the camera from Video Wall.

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
EJN
A model citizen

Is there a separate login option for users who should see only Meraki Vision? I want to create a user account and have it go direct to Vision without having to click on the dashboard.

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
Saralyn
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @EJN! Thanks for all the feedback you provided. I passed it along, but please do also submit via "make a wish" if you hadn't already done so. 

The end goal is to have a separate log-in option for Meraki Vision users, but not sure what the timeline looks like for that yet. The team is focused on getting down the core features and functionality first. 

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Saralyn  I love it, this is a much better UI and far easier to see any events based on a time line, awesome work. 

This is very similar to our current system and will be helpful in helping us migrate to the MV platform. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.