New MV 5.3 beta firmware, fixes MV72(x) going offline when upgraded

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

New MV 5.3 beta firmware, fixes MV72(x) going offline when upgraded

Camera firmware versions MV 5.3 changelog

New

• Improved Image Quality for MV63(x)/MV93(x)
  • Smartcodec Support for MV2/MV52
  • Advanced Presence Sensing Support for MV63(x)/MV93(x)

Bug fixes

• Resolved an issue where MV72(x) could go offline after upgrading to MV5.1/5.2
  • Resolved an issue where MV63(x)/MV93(x) LED turns off during camera initialization
  • Resolved an issue where MV63(x) low-resolution stream could become corrupted
  • Resolved an issue where MV63(x)/MV93(x) can experience fps fluctuations
5 Replies 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>Resolved an issue where MV72(x) could go offline after upgrading to MV5.1/5.2

I hope a power cycle brings it back online.

derek_b
Conversationalist

"Resolved an issue where MV72(x) could go offline after upgrading to MV5.1/5.2"

@cmr - any additional info on this? What causes it, what to look for, etc? This is a bit concerning as I have over 100 MV72s sitting on 5.2. 

We're deploying a high number MV72s to a number of sites currently and have had a fair number of MV72s not come back online after updating to 5.2 for the LLDP fix. They power on initially, get the 5.2 update and randomly do not seem to come back. If we power them down, bring them back to our office and reconnect them a few days later, sometimes they'll function again. We've had to RMA a few, though.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@derek_b I'm a customer, so unfortunately don't know what exactly has changed to fix the issue.  I'd not yet upgraded my 72x (we don't use many MVs) and will definitely go straight to 5.3 in light of this.

derek_b
Conversationalist

Ah okay, I just assumed you were Meraki staff. Apologies.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No worries, maybe someday I will be 😉

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.