Motion Alerts - People detection and Area of Interest are NOT working

watdee
Getting noticed

Motion Alerts - People detection and Area of Interest are NOT working

I have motion alerts set up on an MV22 on 4.16.  There is a TV on the wall outside of the area of interest.  There are no people on the tv.  Despite this, we still get spammed all day with motion alerts when the tv is on.

Alerting schedule - Always

duration trigger 6 seconds

sensitivity 70

image recap enabled

alert only on people detection enabled

area of interest enabled

detection model Body default

I've tried the other detection model, making the area of interest farther from the tv, lowering the sensitivity, etc. but the alerts do not stop.  This has happened with several other firmware releases so it's been problem for a long time.  We usually just keep the tv off but why aren't the above settings working?

By the way, sometimes I have to hit save 3 times to get settings to save on the portal.  It seems like it saves but then I go back in and the setting is not changed.

5 Replies 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Add an MV privacy window over the TV so the camera never sees it.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MV/Initial_Configuration/Privacy_Windows 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've had to do this to cover up computer monitors causing similar issues.

It's a large TV in a small lobby so I can't really do that without it covering up the people walking by. 

Seems odd that the activity zone and people detection do not work at all. 

strandbygaard
New here

I have a MV72X. With beta 4.16 I can't set the area of interest. I can draw the areas, click save, and it will say that it was saved. But when I refresh the page, nothing was saved. Downgrading to v4.13 solves the problem, so this looks like an issue with v4.16 beta.

Yeah, I had the same problem.  I can get it to save after about 10-20 tries.  

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.