MV72 RJ45 Corrosion Problem?

KYbloodTech
Conversationalist

MV72 RJ45 Corrosion Problem?

We purchased 28 MV72 cameras and installed them around early July.

So far we've had 3 fail due to water getting in the RJ45 connection.

Has anyone else had a problem with these?

KYbloodTech_0-1630510195226.png

KYbloodTech_1-1630510241799.png

We had the cover on the connector installed but for these 3 it didn't help.

Since these haven't even been outside through a cold spell I'm worried just how many more will fail.

4 Replies 4
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Owch, have you contacted support?

We have MV72 installed and they have been in -5 Celsius without any issues however they are installed under a soffit.

Are they installed in a place where rain can get them directly? Not that it should matter as they are IP67 rated. 

Did you follow these installation instructions? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp1-G7OwxC4

Hi @BlakeRichardson 

Thanks for the info. Yes we installed the cover over the ethernet as shown in the video and it seems to be working on all the other MV72 cameras we installed.

It was just 3 cameras at one location that gave us problems.

I think Meraki is going to work with us but I don't think it's something they normally do.

I think it helps we purchased 170 cameras in total and will be buying more soon.

Thanks again for your feedback.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We haven't had that issue yet either.  You must have just awesome weather.

That is also a tricky one.

I think I might be tempted to preemptively spot check a sample, draw them out if necessary (hello hairdryer), and see if you can figure out a way to make them more weather resistant yet keeping them serviceable.

Hi @PhilipDAth 

We will be revisiting the remainder of the MV72 cameras but I believe this was just some kind of fluke with the 3 we had problems with because they were the last to be installed and just so happen to be all from the same location.

The other 5 locations haven't had a single one fail.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.