MV32 - OUTDOOR VERSION REQUEST

BJT
Conversationalist

MV32 - OUTDOOR VERSION REQUEST

The MV32 is the solution to our internal 360 deg. camera needs, which I'm extremely excited about.

Im sure they are already planning an outdoor version of it, but I want to still emphasize the need for the outdoor version as well. 

Coming from the Financial Sec. industry, we still need to replace our outdoor 360 cameras as well, and look forward to getting rid of all non-edge based cameras! And I am very excited to toss out all of our Video Servers (NVR's, DVR's) and eliminate those components from our systems.

Thank you Meraki for seeing the future of edge based surveillance cameras, and being the first to create a much needed solution!!!

@MeredithW

6 REPLIES 6
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

white.PNG

Enthusiast
GeorgeFrendl
Getting noticed

Good catch! I hope it is followed up.

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

It would indeed be a product of interest to many.   All I would say, on this is:  beware the distance between camera and object and the quality you require of the resulting image.  Place a fisheye camera outside - which is already 'robbing Peter to pay Paul', in terms of quality : field of view - and you likely have an increased risk, particularly with the camera deployed at height, of simply being too far away from the objects/people you want to see.

BJT
Conversationalist

The Outdoor Version would of course need to be different in configuration, because most external cameras will be mounted on 15' poles, requiring different optics and higher resolution. 

But to start, a Sealed outdoor version of the MV32 would be helpful.

Zwara
Conversationalist

Hi,

Great idea, hope it will be carried out!

kgrinde
Conversationalist

I guess we're not getting one anytime soon.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.