MV2 has stopped audio streaming

Greenberet
Head in the Cloud

MV2 has stopped audio streaming

Hello,

I didn't open a support case yet for this yet as I'm waiting for the issue to start again, but maybe someone had/s the same issue and knows a solution.

As the title says the MV2 will stop audio streaming after a while (probably a few days).

Video is working fine and the issue is on all devices( dashboard, vision portal, mobile app). It won't matter, if I'm using direct streaming or over the cloud.

Making changes in the configuration e.g. enable/disable hdr doesn't make a difference for the audio.

I haven't tried to set a different profile with enabled/disabled audio yet.

Restarting the camera will enable the audio stream again.

9 Replies 9
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Greenberet  Is this affecting a single camera or multiple? Have you tried a different version of firmware? 

I've tried it with 4.16 and 4.17.

I can't tell if other camera are affected. I just have 1 mv2 and a few mv72x in the network. The mv72x are having audio disabled for legal reasons.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Greenberet Is there no audio when reviewing the footage online? what happens if you export and download footage does it contain audio? 

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Mv2 has no storage. But maybe its possible to check rtsp  stream

Greenberet
Head in the Cloud

I did check it in 4.16 and there was no Audio

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I tested rtsp but i supose meraki Rtsp  stream does not include the audio...?

It works in the app (by default) and on the dashboard(when i press the sound icon on the right bottom  ) 

But i just rebooted.I will try  again in a few days.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I still have audio on the app and webbrowser.  Running 4.17

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Greenberet : Check the troubleshooting steps for MV2. I will also check if we can have that kind of issue in my network.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MV/Troubleshooting/Troubleshooting_and_Replacing_a_Faulty_MV

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

@Inderdeep sadly the guide doesn't state anything aboutbaudio issues on the mv2.

Could you reproduce the issue?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.