MV Sense - Send Image via Webhook?

BobaTeaGood
Getting noticed

MV Sense - Send Image via Webhook?

Anyone able to use MV Sense where upon vehicle detection, it sends the image via Webhooks? Would really appreciate your insights here.

9 REPLIES 9
chengineer
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

It's not via webhooks, but with the REST API POST call, the instructions of which you can on the Meraki Adventure API 1.0 Lab (step 10, on bottom of the second page).

Solutions Architect @ Cisco Meraki | API & Developer Ecosystem

Thanks @chengineer.  I saw Step 10, however, that is for People Counting.  Is there a way to set up vehicle detection so that when a vehicle is detected, it sends a Webhook?

Basically, I want to use MV Sense in the same way that we use Webhooks via Motion Detection -- as in this webpage:

https://platerecognizer.com/integrations/meraki/

chengineer
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

No problem; there's a webhook only for motion detection, regardless of what's actually seen in the camera. The code provided there is for both people and vehicles (latter for MV72/MV72X).

@chengineer Yes, I understand that there's a Webhook for motion detection.  We at Plate Recognizer already use that.  However, I was inquiring to see if MV Sense is able to trigger a Webhook.  Do you know?

So ideally, since MV Sense has vehicle detection, we want to be able to use MV Sense to trigger Vehicle Detection and then use Webhooks to send the image to Plate Recognizer.  

Does that help clarify?

chengineer
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

No, what you're asking for doesn't exist because it's totally separate. One's coming from the device live as an MQTT feed, and the other being proxied via the Meraki cloud as an alert/webhook.

chengineer
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Elaborating a bit more, the webhooks that are available are the same list as email alerts that you can find on the Network-wide > Alerts page. If it's not on that page, there is no framework today to trigger a JSON POST webhook for the event you're looking for.

Got it.  Thank you so much. Really appreciate your response.

@BobaTeaGood I had questions along the same lines, and am looking to incorporate your solution (I'm assuming you're related to PlateRecognizer) into ours. 

My challenge is how to not get the image for the plate, but also ensure I get some supporting images from different angles in support of that event. 

I'd be interested in how you are looking at the problems and the response time you are able to manage. 

Ta

Hi Mike-King - can you please reach out to us on https://platerecognizer.com/contact Want to better understand your situation and how we can help.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.